The Screensaver killer script
Sometimes you have to work in OS where you are not a local admin, or you haven’t been given the credentials instead of someone just logged you in letting you work for a while on his desktop. Most of the time there is a screensaver policy enabled which is set up to 5, 10 sometimes 15 minutes. Such annoying could it be when you are back to your desk finding your laptop/desktop locked! What would you do? Either ask someone, for the next time; “could you please log me in, again?” or ask uncle Google for a small “exec” file which is being called the screensaverkiller !
To the point – Installing screensaver killer in Windows:
1. Download screen saver killer zip package ScreenSaver Killer (65.78 kB)
2. Crete a directory C:\scr_killer and unzip scr_killer.zip into this dir, you will get scr_killer.exe and sleep.exe
3. Create a batch file in C:\scr_killer called scr_killer.bat
4. Put below code into the file:
:DIRS SET scriptdir= SET scriptdir=%CD% :BEGIN start %scriptdir%\scr_killer.exe sleep.exe 60 GOTO BEGIN
5. Save changes, create a shortcut on your desktop, execute scr_killer.bat script and you are done.
6. To stop the script; hit CTRL+C and press “Y” in command line window.
Enjoy your always unlocked desktop.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.